Experienced - Basic Rider Course 2
|Dates:||April 28, 2019|
|Meets:||Su from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM|
|Location:||LCC - West Campus - Room G104|
Sorry, this course is closed.
Earn a Waiver for a Cycle (CY) Endorsement
- Current motorcycle riding experience/basic motorcycle skills
- Must hold a valid Michigan driver's license (motorcycle endorsement NOT required)
- This course encourages the use of a participant's personal motorcycle*.
PLEASE NOTE: Basic operational skills will be assessed in a required riding exercise. Participants who don't pass the screening exercise, as assessed by the instructors, will not be allowed to continue. (No refunds; No transfers). Successful completion of this course and its knowledge and skills tests will result in riding and knowledge test waivers from the Michigan Secretary of State.
* It is recommended that participants provide their own titled and registered motorcycle. Motorcycles that are not judged to be in safe riding condition or appropriate for the class, will not be allowed to be ridden in the class. Sharing of a motorcycle is not allowed. Scooters are allowed. Training motorcycles will be provided for those who do not have a motorcycle judged as appropriate for the class.
- Students must provide their own:
- DOT-compliant or Snell-approved helmet (Required for all students to wear during the safety training course)
- Eye protection
- Long-sleeved shirt or jacket
- Long, non-flare pants made of denim or equivalent or more durable material
- Full fingered gloves (preferably leather)
- Over the ankle boots (leather preferred over cloth or canvas - high-top sneakers are not allowed)
- eCourse Certificate
- A valid Michigan Driver's License