Skills Practice - BRC2
|Dates:||July 24-25, 2019|
|Meets:||W and Th from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM 2 sessions|
|Location:||LCC - West Campus - Parking Lot #2|
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
Skill Building Motorcycle Classes
- Must hold a valid Michigan driver's license
- Current motorcycle riding experience/basic motorcycle skills
- This course requires the use of a participant's personal motorcycle*.
Newly graduated students from the Basic Rider Class and experienced riders who want to improve their skill are good candidates for the class. The MSF Basic Riders Course 2 - Skills Practice is a 5 hour, next step class for a motorcycle rider to improve their skill and technique. Students will operate their own motorcycles in a series of exercises that challenge them. Exercises include low speed limited space maneuvers, stopping in a curve, improved braking techniques, multiple curves, decreasing-radius curves and hazard avoidance.
PLEASE NOTE: Basic operational skills will be assessed in a required riding exercise. Participants who don't pass the screening exercise, as assessed by the instructors, will not be allowed to continue. (No refunds; No transfers).
* Participants must provide their own titled and registered motorcycle. Motorcycles that are not judged to be in safe riding condition or appropriate for the class, will not be allowed to be ridden in the class. Sharing of a motorcycle is not allowed. Scooters are allowed.
- Students must provide their own riding equipment including:
- DOT-compliant or Snell-approved helmet (Required for all students to wear during the safety training course)
- Eye protection
- Long-sleeved shirt or jacket
- Long, non-flare pants made of denim or equivalent or more durable material
- Full fingered gloves (preferably leather)
- Over the ankle boots (leather preferred over cloth or canvas - high-top sneakers are not allowed)