Certification Examination - CER
|Dates:||November 9, 2020 Other Dates|
|Meets:||M from 12:00 PM to 4:30 PM|
|Location:||LCC - West Campus - Room S150|
Notes: Registration fee is non-refundable. Transferring of test dates will not be permitted beyond registration deadline.
* Registration Deadline: Monday, October 12, 2020
Sorry, this course is closed.
* If paying via check, please contact us at (517) 483-9853 in order to register for this exam date.
Payment in full must be received 3 weeks prior to the exam start date.
Only Court Electronic Recorders (CERs) who have completed a course of study approved by the Michigan Court Reporting and Recording Board of Review in the past 18 months are eligible to sit for the exam per State Court Administrative Office (SCAO) guidelines
Certification Examination for Court Electronic Recorder (CER)
Satisfactory completion of the examination qualifies the test candidate to apply for the State of Michigan certification for CER.
Exam results are forwarded to the State Court Administrative Office. Certification application forms can be found on SCAO's website.
- Test candidates must take only the portion(s) of the exam required for their certification. The three sections of the exam are: logging, written knowledge test, and transcription.
- Test candidates taking the logging and/or transcription portion of the exam must bring their own headphones.
- Test candidates must show picture identification.
- Test candidates must be seated in the examination room at the start of the exam. There will be no entry to the examination room after the start time. Test candidates may leave upon the completion of their required portion of the exam.
Official test results will be communicated to exam takers within six weeks. This communication will come from SCAO.
On-site tests will be administered at Lansing Community College's West Campus.
If you have any questions, please contact SCAO.
NOTE: The confirmation email you receive upon registration is your confirmation of having enrolled in this exam. Please keep your confirmation email so you are aware of the location, format, date, and time of your exam. You will be sent additional information one week prior to the exam.