Create a Resume in Google Docs
There are still openings remaining at this time.
A valid credit card will be required for payment. Please have your card information ready.
Students use a Google Docs template to create a resume for a job, scholarship, or extracurricular program.
Achieve the following objective(s):
- Select a template from Google Docs and modify it with relevant information and appropriate formatting.
Answer the following essential question(s):
- How can I create a resume that will communicate relevant information about me to a potential employer, admissions officer, or scholarship committee?
Internalize the following enduring understanding(s):
- Formatting tools and templates make resumes easier to read and look more professional.
- A resume is a brief overview of who you are and how you spend your time.
- Present yourself as a professional, even with limited paid work experience.
- Choosing relevant and appropriate information to share (social media, professional email, and how to phrase skills/experience/etc.) is essential for presenting yourself as a potential candidate.
- A resume is a valuable tool that will help learners apply for jobs, colleges, internships, or scholarships.
- Please have a gmail account set up and ready to use.
- Headphones may be used to aid in instructional activities. We will have some available, but feel free to bring your own.