Create an Editing Tool with Programming
There are still openings remaining at this time.
A valid credit card will be required for payment. Please have your card information ready.
In this unit, learners use Script Editor to create an editing tool that highlights overused words and phrases in a document.
By the end of this unit, learners will be able to:
- Identify and define common programming concepts
- Create a slide presentation with a partner and digitally share it with others
- Create a program that implements an algorithm to achieve a given goal, individually and collaboratively
- Use debugging skills to iterate on a computer program
- Recognize that computer programs need initial conditions (e.g. set initial score to zero in a game, initialize variables, or initial values set by hardware input)
- Please have a gmail account set up and ready to use.
- Headphones may be used to aid in instructional activities. We will have some available, but feel free to bring your own.