Basic Rider Course
|Dates:||August 28-29, 2019|
|Meets:||W and Th from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM 2 sessions|
|Location:||LCC - West Campus - Room S152|
Sorry, this course is closed.
Earn a Waiver for a Cycle (CY) Endorsement
- Ability to Ride a Bicycle
- Must hold a valid Michigan Drivers License (motorcycle endorsement NOT required)
This class consists of approximately 18 hours of instruction - 3 hours of online preparation to be completed prior to your class start date, at least 5 hours of classroom instruction, and at least 10 hours of hands-on training.
Successful completion of this course and its knowledge and skills tests will result in riding and knowledge test waivers from the Michigan Secretary of State.
- Students must provide their own:
- DOT-compliant or Snell-approved helmet (Required for all students to wear during the safety training course)
- Eye protection
- Long-sleeved shirt or jacket
- Long, non-flare pants made of denim or equivalent or more durable material
- Full fingered gloves (preferably leather)
- Over the ankle boots (leather preferred over cloth or canvas - high-top sneakers are not allowed)
- eCourse Certificate
- A valid Michigan Driver's License